Re: Re: Best authoring environments for publishingthousands of Web pages in XML

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:41:40PM +0100, Steinar Bang wrote:

> > We keep the XML source files on a Linux system in CVS.  We let our
> > authors export their working CVS directory as a Samba share.
>
> Do you see any line ending confusion with this approach?  Are the CVS
> checkout done from Windows or linux?

We do the checkout on Linux, and open the files in XMetal
from the Samba share.  XMetal seems to handle the
line endings ok.  For those who want to examine the
xml text on Windows, I tell them to get Cygwin with
vim, which handles different line endings.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com