Re: Re: srcdir/objdir issues and including variableusability issues with xsltproc

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 07:07:44AM -0800, Alex Lancaster wrote:

> Fine, I see that now. So you are currently using autoconf to help with
> the build to autodetect xsltproc etc. is that right?

Right.

> OK, but I was trying to guess what system that you are actually using
> so that I could tailor my comments accordingly.  What systems are you
> planning to deploy on?

"Linux". IOW, anything really.

> It's an update I pulled from Rawhide

Fair enough.

> JL> <phe> /etc/xml doesn't exist
>
> If you are running Red Hat

Ah, but he isn't. An example from the wild that its  existence can by no
means be relied on ...

> The /etc/xml location is rapidly becoming the standard on most
> GNU/Linux systems to locate the XML catalog for the system, and it has
> been proposed that it be added to the FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy
> Standard), which is why xsltproc looks for it by default.  It

... yet. This FHS proposal sounds great.

> It's difficult to help debug this without a full test-case.  I suspect
> it's related to some relative-path resolution with the way you've set
> up the directory structure.  When you are resolving href's inside
> <xsl:include>, they are relative to the current location of that XSL
> document, but I can't say without seeing more.

OK, but its just ="docbook.xsl" which should find the one in the catalog
according to the docs you gave me. I will try a current version of
xsltproc as suggested by Daniel later.

> Well, GCC'S been around for a lot longer than XSLT and many options
> now exist in GCC that probably weren't in the original implementation.

I think -I has been around for quite a while :)

> However, there's nothing stopping you right now writing another
> wrapper on top of xsltproc to make it behave somewhat similarly to
> "gcc -I".

Sure, if I knew how, which I believe is the subject of this discussion
;)

> Anyway, this is rapidly going off-topic, we should probably move this
> thread to the libxslt list: xslt at gnome dot org dot

Yes ... (though I'd still appreciate an answer to my other problem if
someone can help)

thanks,
john