Re: docbook -> FO via xsltproc

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:19:15AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   a couple of quick questions regarding docbook -> FO and beyond.
> first, i'm experimenting with FOP for the eventual FO -> PDF
> conversion, so i'm using xsltproc to generate the intermediate
> FO for the time being.  is there an option with "xsltproc" to
> generate "tidy" FO?  or some kind of tidy utility so i can
> inspect the generated FO?  currently, AFAICT, the generated
> FO consists of perfectly legal but horrendously long text
> lines and i see no way to adjust that.  (is there such a
> thing as a FOP "viewer"?)

When I experiment with FO output, I use this simple
stylesheet customization file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
                xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";
                version='1.0'>
<xsl:import href="../docbook-xsl-1.60.1m/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

All it does is import the stylesheet and set the
indent to "yes".

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com