RE: Re: use.id.as.filename may produce invalid file names

> / Gisbert Amm <gia at webde-ag dot de> was heard to say:
> | 2) Wouldn't it be reasonable to provide a parameter to
> avoid any special
> | characters in the generated filenames?
>
> No. Well, I suppose they could be %-encoded or something, but I think
> it makes more sense to avoid those characters in IDs if you're going
> to use the IDs to generate filenames.

Thanks for pointing that out again.

Finally, I came down to the same conclusion.

Sometimes it would be nice using "verbose" IDs (just concatenated titles.,
e.g.) and having some treatment before setting them as filenames (a sort of
CGI like escaping, a sort of shortening and the like).

One idea would be a pre-process which would extract all relevant IDs and
build a mapping of the IDs and the filenames (to avoid clashes among the
latter, at least). The chunker would get the filenames from this mapping.

But it doesn't seem worth the work at the moment.

Regards
Gisbert Amm