RE: Re: use.id.as.filename may produce invalid file names

> Gisbert Amm wrote:
>
> > One idea would be a pre-process which would extract all
> relevant IDs and
> > build a mapping of the IDs and the filenames (to avoid
> clashes among the
> > latter, at least). The chunker would get the filenames from
> this mapping.
>
> This works in stylesheets if you use custom chunking mechanism, which
> uses maketoc.xsl. See XSL stylesheets documentation on how to use this
> feature.

Thank you for the hint.

If others are interested, I've found the feature documented at
http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/HtmlOutput.html#d0e2422 under
"Manually control chunking".

But Robert Stayton has added this warning:
"""
But since it requires hand editing of a generated table of contents file, it
is only useful if done infrequently or with documents that have stable
structure.
"""

Editing some file by hand every time I add some chapter is no option for me.

As far as I understand, maketoc.xsl uses the same template to process the
filenames as chunk-common.xsl (<xsl:template match="*"
mode="recursive-chunk-filename">), so it would just get the IDs as they are
and not *really* be the intended preprocessing. But I may get it wrong.

Perhaps it was an option to customize maketoc.xsl, but as I mentioned
earlier, I came just down to limit IDs to ASCII characters.

Regards
Gisbert 	Amm