Re: [docbook-apps] Re: FO, FOP and PDF

At 14:18 18/03/2003 -0500, Aaron Weber wrote:

IMHO, fop doesn't address HTML output?
It only addresses fo output.

You're probably correct-- what I meant was the XML-->FO-->HTML tools work and the XML-->FO-->PDF tools aren't quite there yet (but look like they'll be better, and easier to customize, when they do).

Agreed.

My misstatement is a result of my particular use of FO as an intermediate format only; I have not, and do not plan to, write or ship any documents in FO format.

Thank you :-)

I'm composing in Docbook XML (check out the XSlide package for a neat xsl-mode in emacs; handles indentation and auto-closes tags... a little slow though) and then converting to publication formats as needed.

Yes, I've used slides for presentations.

If its for personal use, xep is far more complete?

regards DaveP