Re: [docbook-apps] make xalan use local xml catalog file

Bob Stayton:
> It isn't clear to me that there is a local entry
> in any of the XML catalogs
> for the DTD identifiers.  When you say:
>
> > - xmlcatalog can resovle
> >     - "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
> >     - "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";

> Do you mean that it resolves the public identifier
> to the "http://..."; URI?  If so, then that is the problem.
?? xmlcatalog either outputs

file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd-4.2-1.0-14/docbookx.dtd

for /etc/xml/catalog or

/usr/share/xml/docbook-4.2/docbookx.dtd

for /etc/xml/docbook

> Is there an entry in any of the catalogs that maps
> the DTD PUBLIC identifier to a local file?
well i thought that at least one  output (see above) would point
the resolver to the local files

> Also, you have included the "docbookx.dtd" file in your
> list of catalogs in CatalogManager.properties.
> That should probably be catalog.xml.
No i did not. I thought, that the catalog file is supposed to point
to the files to read, and that the resolver has to read all
files mentioned in the '/etc/xml/catalog' file.

P.S.: I have also answered Daniel Veillard maybe there is additional
      information in that email. *hopefully*

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi-lists(at)myrealbox(dot)com

Today is yesterday's pupil.
                                   -- Thomas Fuller