Re: [docbook-apps] REPOST: problem installing xml catalogs

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 05:12:04PM +0200, Jens Skripczynski wrote:
> Jeff Beal:
> > I was referring to the DOCTYPE declaration on the catalog file itself.  If
> > you have one, it will look like:
> >
> > <!DOCTYPE catalog
> >    PUBLIC "-//OASIS/DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"
> >    "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd";>
> >
> > You should probably check both your catalog and the one included with
> > DocBook.
> Well. You were right. I had to remove _all_ catalog DTD's.
> (I forgot the one under /usr/sgml...).
>
> But this partially anoy's me, because those catalog's are can no-longer
> be validated. But at least I'm quiet happy, that my document stuff works.

They can be validated if you copy the catalog DTD to
a local file and change your SYSTEM references in
your catalog files to point to that local file.

The problem is that the catalog cannot resolve the location
of its own DTD if it can't load the catalog, and it couldn't
load the catalog because it failed to find the DTD over
the disconnected network.

IMHO, the catalog resolver should not give up if it can't
find the catalog DOCTYPE, but should load the catalog file
as a well-formed document instead.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com