Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook/XML --> [tgn]roff - tables?

>Dennis said:
>I would like to see your customization for the tables. Have you considered
>posting it as a patch?

Oh, no! Sorry Dennis, I am totally incompetent to do that.

The table.xsl I am using is the table.xsl file that is appended to bug
[619532]-No support for tables, on sourceforge.net, as pointed by Yann.

My understanding was that it would be included in a next release of docbook-xsl.
Am I wrong?

All what I have is  <xsl:include href="table.xsl"/> in
docbook-xsl/manpages/docbook.xsl. It works fine with simple tables. I do my best
to avoid complex tables in man pages... and of course also nested lists.

In order to be able to render the tables using man on Solaris as well as on
Linux, I also added a line to:
<xsl:call-template name="write.text.chunk">
<xsl:with-param name="filename"
		    select="concat(normalize-space ($name), '.', $section)"/>
    <xsl:with-param name="content">
      <xsl:text>'\" t
so that this is the first line generated in the groff file.

I needed one other additional transformation to replace the character entity
&ndash; which was not included in the original stylesheet (hellip and mdash are,
as well as some others).

That' all for the moment, I believe.

Tilly