Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook/XML --> [tgn]roff

At 09:05 25/04/2003 -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:

Hi Sam,

I agree with Yann and Tilly: the jade wrapper (docbook2man) won't work with
XML. In fact, docbook2man can just barely be said to work with SGML. It
relies on a fairly simple perl script, which does not institute even one
tenth of the functionality offered by the DocBook refentry subset.

I've had a good deal more luck with xslt and xsltproc. Honestly, you'll
find that even with xsltproc, the DocBook to man page XSLT has a few holes.
It won't handle tables and it chokes on nested lists.

From another planet.

Braille users choke on tables.
They have various algorithms to linearise tables.
Wonder if the same approach would sanitise your tables?

regards DaveP