[docbook-apps] Re: Using Language code in HTMLHelp

Jens Stavnstrup wrote:

Currently my HTMLHelp files (created by htmlhelp.xsl) uses Australian as default (not my choice). Maybe you could extend the language code definition in langcode.xml to contain both a language code and a Country Code, so that the htmlhelp stylesheet will accept Lang attributes such as en-UK

Good idea. Another issue is that we must made some countries as defaults when unspecified. So that if you specify just "en" you will get British English (or US English?). Not only technical but also political decision for some languages. Anyway I will put it on my TO-DO list. I have somewhere some language files from MS, I think that I can extract all neccessary information from them.

Meanwhile you can delete all entries with lang="en" except your preferred brand of English from langcode.xml and you will get correct language code in HTML Help project file.

Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz