RE: [docbook-apps] WordPerfect 11 and DocBook?

I haven't tried WP 11, but WordPerfect has had XML editing capabilities
since WP 8.  I played with that a bit.  It wasn't perfect, but it was better
than nothing.  It didn't come with out-of-the-box DocBook support, and
getting it to parse the DocBook DTD was a little tricky.  (I was new to XML
still, so I was probably doing it wrongly.)  Once the DTD was parsed, you
could set up style rules for each element, taking it's "ancestors" into
account if you wanted, using the standard WordPerfect formatting rules.

One of the nice things about WordPerfect was that it could intelligently
edit document fragments.  It associated fragments with a DTD (for validation
purposes) based on the root element of the fragment and didn't complain
loudly about broken IDREFs or undeclared entities, assuming that those would
correct themselves when parsed as part of the full document.

Since WP is now three versions older and is partnered with SoftQuad, I would
expect WP 11 to be a very capable XML editor.

Jeff