[docbook-apps] two-column problem

I’m trying to run two columns using landscape pages, and I need to set some tables to span both columns.  I’ve set the pgwide attribute, and this seems to work erratically.  If has a rather small vertical depth, the span works just fine.  However, if I create a table that is larger than a single page, XEP reports the following:

{?'span' attribute on block ignored because the element is not a direct child of a flow}

After which the table reverts to two-columns.

Any thoughts?

Bill Lawrence

Senior Technical Writer

Matrix Solutions