Re: [docbook-apps] Any way to keep <!DOCTYPE...> definition int output of XSLT transformation?

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 02:50:41PM -0400, Taro Ikai wrote:
> I'm using XSL to transform a not-so-valid Docbook document into a valid
> When I run this document through XSLT (xsltproc program to be exact), the
> DOCTYPE definition
> gets erased.
>
> Is there a way to keep the DOCTYPE definition in the output XML file?

  The DOCTYPE is not part of the XPath data model of the document seen by
the XSLT processor. So it is not possible to preserve it.
 Using txsl:text is not a correct solution. The proper way is to
use the specific attributes of the xsl:output construct see section
16 of the XSLT spec
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#output

  hint: nothing replaces reading the specs !

Daniel