Re: [docbook-apps] Modularization technique

I don't mind a bit.
Using the system entities directly instead of through
XInclude will certainly work to assemble the content,
and it is something that FrameMaker will understand.

But it also means each system entity file cannot have a
DOCTYPE declaration, so each module cannot be treated by
all tools as a valid mini document.  As Jeff pointed out,
it is possible to work around this problem with some tools
that have their way of identifying and loading a DTD without
using a DOCTYPE declaration.  Usually it means hiding
a DTD reference in a comment.  But there is no standard
way of doing that.

By using XInclude, each file module can have its
DOCTYPE declaration, so it can be edited and
validated by any XML tool.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com

                                            email: bobs@sco.com