Re: [docbook-apps] Question about HTMLHelp book node: can I makeit display content instead of TOC?

Taro Ikai wrote:

Currently, the stylesheets seem to put <preface> and <chapter>s at the same level of the navigation tree, and diplsay the table of contents
for the <book> node itself.

Yes, the structure of ToC follows the structure of your DocBook XML file.

I don't need the table of contents in the right-hand pane because
the navigation tree serves the same purpose.

Has anyone done this? If so, please share your experience and/or technique.

There is no out-of-the box support for this. But at least you can turn off generation of book ToC by parameter $generate.toc. You can also select page which will be opened as default in HH using parameter $htmlhelp.default.topic. In your case you should set this parameter to the filename of preface -- typically pr01.html. You will get almost what you have described. Using $htmlhelp.hhc.show.root also might help in your situation.

Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz