[docbook-apps] Re: DocBook XSL V1.62.0 released

> * In message <20030901090221.GH1999@redhat.com>
> * On the subject of "Re: Re: DocBook XSL V1.62.0 released"
> * Sent on Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:02:21 +0100
> * Honorable Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com> writes:
>
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 05:04:58PM -0400, Sam Steingold wrote:
>
> > 2. output:nroff elements: itemisedlist inside para inside listitem
> >    inside varlistentry of variablelist.
> >    this is still broken: the man page shows nroff
> >    commands (like .TP) in text.
>
> The trouble is that nroff doesn't nest nicely, so there will always be
> the odd problem or two like this.  Any idea how you'd like it fixed?

I have little knowledge about either xsl or nroff.
I hope it is possible to make nested lists use more indentation though.

> > 3. output:nroff elements: refentryinfo/author elements are turned into
> >    a section AUTHORS.  this is wrong: usually, AUTHORS section in the
> >    manual would describe the authors of the _program_ while the
> >    refentryinfo/author elements describe the authors of the _manual_.
>
> Hmm.  What does doclifter do about this I wonder?
>
> One solution would be to use the 'editor' element instead, which
> generates 'Man page edited by '.

XHTML does not generate the AUTHORS section, nroff does.
this is inconsistent and should be fixed.

<editor> and <author> have different semantics.
they cannot be used interchangeably

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Microsoft: announce yesterday, code today, think tomorrow.