Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook Slides V3.2.0 released

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 08:37:58AM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / "Jeanson Mauritz" <Mauritz.Jeanson@sorman.com> was heard to say:
>
> | 2. Minor FO localization errors (missing stuff in common/sv.xml):
> |
> | "Making landscape pages on A4 paper (297mmx210mm)
> | No "sv" localization of "Continued" exists; using "en".
> | No template for "/slides" (or any of its leaves) exists
> | in the context named "title" in the "sv" localization."
>
> Bob, can you take a peek at this?

The plain.xsl slides fo stylesheet uses the
'local.l10n.xml' parameter to extend the set of
gentext items to add words for slides, but only
does so for the "en" locale.  The mechanism
for fallback to English doesn't work for
such local extensions.  To process in the 'sv'
locale, a customization is required to redefine
'local.l10n.xml' to use language="sv" and
the 'sv' versions of those words.

Should we add these gentext items to the stock docbook
locale files?  That would avoid the need for such a
customization, because then they would fall back to
English at least, or use 'sv' words if the locale file
is fully translated.  But that would mix slides
stuff in with the regular docbook stuff, which maybe
you don't want to do.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com