Re: [docbook-apps] sectioninfo: not complete empty in (X)HTML output

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 10:35:20AM +0200, Michael Wiedmann wrote:
> The template for <sectioninfo> in "xhtml/sections.xsl" of
> "docbook-xsl-1.62.0" is empty, nevertheless I get output for some parts of
> <sectioninfo>, e.g. <legalnotice> and <revhistory>.
>
> How do I avoid this?
>
> Michael
> PS: My documents have <section> as top level element.

The beginning of each major element is handled by the
DocBook XSL titlepage mechanism.  The titlepage
templates are generated from a specification file
named titlepage.templates.xml.  Those generated
templates are in titlepage.templates.xsl, and you
can see there are many selections for sectioninfo.
The empty template you saw for 'sectioninfo' just
prevents an uncontrolled dumping of its content
into the output.

To turn them off, you need to generate a customized
titlepage templates file, removing all elements in
the spec for 'section' except for 'title'.

<t:titlepage t:element="section" t:wrapper="div" class="titlepage">
  <t:titlepage-content t:side="recto">
    <title/>
    <!-- remove all the rest -->
  </t:titlepage-content>

See this reference for a HOWTO on customizing
titlepage templates:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#HTMLTitlePage

                                            email: bobs@sco.com