[docbook-apps] Re: [docbook] Docbook and SVG howto

> I begin to ready the part of Bob Staytons book about
> it. I have last question: What svg editor do you use?

As a side note, the best thing about SVG is that it should
not be created in an editor (if a vector graphic from an editor
is required, PDF or EPS do better since implementations support
all of the features of the above formats -- simply because they
do not parse them), but generated from data using XSL stylesheets.

There is a paper by Nikolai Grigoriev of RenderX, prepared for RenderX
vendor presentation at XML Europe 2003, which outlines this approach.
While it is written with bias toward presentation of a new feature,
it explains benefits of this approach in detail.

http://xep.xattic.com/papers/svgpaper.pdf
http://xep.xattic.com/papers/svgslides.pdf

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/