Re: [docbook-apps] Best practise: Directories and location of images

Am Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2003 16:14 schrieb Kenneth Johansson:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with both modular and single documents. I would like
> the community's views on how to structure the documents and where
> to put images.
>
> Take my modular documents for instance. Each document has its own
> directory. Each chapter has its own directory. Most of the sections
> are placed in the chapter directory. Sections with subsections has
> a directory. Each directory has a image directory.
>
> Single documents have a directory of their own which includes a
> directory for images.
>
> Please give me you 2 cents on how to best structure my files and
> images.

Easiest way is to keep al xml stuff in one directory and have one
subdirectory for images.

But sometimes more directories are needed (imagine setting write
permissions on a per directory base with CVS).

In this case you have to take care of fileref attributes. In my case
i use XINCLUDE to include small pieces in many different sections. If
this included xml has a filref and belongs to onother directory than
the including one, the resulting "src" attribute of an "img" element
(speaking of HTML output) might be broken. You will need a
customization layer which transforms the fileref attribute
(graphics/imagedata...) in respect of xml:base.

i use the second approach very often and a customization layer to
"fix" the filerefs.

kind regards,
janning