Re: [docbook-apps] Re: profiling drafts, what attribute to use?

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:34:43PM +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:

> > Steinar Bang wrote:
>
> >> What should I use when creating release documents?
> >> profile.attribute=status and profile.value=release?  The
> >> profile.value value can actually be any value except "draft"?
>
> > Yep. If you use profile.value=release you will get bits which are
> > not marked by status at all or those marked with status="release".
>
> There is no status attribute on <note>, in DocBook XML 4.2,
> unfortunately.  Will there be in DB 4.3?

No.  Here is a list of the elements with a 'status' attribute:

appendix
article
bibliodiv
bibliography
book
chapter
colophon
dedication
glossary
glossdiv
part
preface
refentry
reference
refsect1
refsect2
refsect3
refsection
sect1
sect2
sect3
sect4
sect5
section
set

It looks like it is used on hierarchy elements only.

I suspect that is because "draft" is indicated in print
output with either a page watermark or header/footer
designation, both of which can be implemented with a
page-sequence.  Block elements like note would require
some other means of showing the draft status.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com