Re: [docbook-apps] print output, id values

At 12:39 18/10/2003 -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 07:53:48PM +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
>  From 'the sage'
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/XrefPageNums.html
>
> I note that my use of <link
> isn't being translated into page numbers.

As that section says, link elements don't generate page
numbers.  I suspect it because link text is
arbitrary and page number references may not
fit in.  Seems like it could be an option, however.

Since the id of the target is available, it wouldn't be hard to get the page number Bob, but I don't think it would be much use, since I've provided the text for the link. I found that moving the id value to the parent resolved the links.

Is there any guidance (tdg perhaps?) as to what makes good / bad
endpoints for links?

> Less bothered about that, since I'm using xep with hot links
> (how to make them visible?)

Color?
yes. I'm hoping its a param.

That seems to be by design.  Only the text content
of a term is processed, not any attributes.

The id should be on the varlistentry.
There is no template to generate xref text
from term elements.

Experimentation found that out. Thanks Bob. As above, where do you think this 'advice' should be? (or is it available, just me that hasn't found it?)

> My bad on markup or a sourceforge request or
> just me out of date (1.60.1 again)

BTW, the appendix.autolabel parameter is in
version 1.60.1 of the stylesheets.  I don't know
why it didn't work for you to turn off
"Appendix A" (it worked for me).

I'll presume its working in later versions Bob, and leave it at that.

I'll chase up color for links.

Thanks for the help.

regards DaveP