Re: [docbook-apps] Bug in chunking header/footer generation

Jens Stavnstrup wrote:

Speaking of setindex. When creating the htmlhelp chunks, the generation of an index takes a very long time. I have six books in a set. Creating chunked html and a pdf version for each of the book takes about 20 min on a 750 Mhz PC (only two of these books has an index).

When chuking the set for htmlhelp (the chunking takes about 13 minutes (and another 50 minutes for the setindex). That looks like some optimizations could be done either in htmlhelp-common.xsl or in the index.xsl code ???

And what indexing method are you using for HTML Help? Do you set htmlhelp.use.hhk to 1?

Anyway index in HTML Help should be faster than in HTML as there is no grouping and sorting. I noticed that HTML Help doesn't override template for setindex. Try to add the following template into your customization and measure times again.

<xsl:template match="setindex"/>

This should prevent stylesheet from generating HTML page with index as index is done in other way in HTML Help.

Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz