Re: [docbook-apps] Re: How to include a JavaScript snippet into htmlhelp files?

Quoting Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.com>:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:40:54PM +0100, W. Borgert wrote:

> As you discovered, patching the stylesheets
> is a maintenance headache.  The stylesheets are
> designed to be customized using a customization
> layer that leaves the stock stylesheets intact.
> This is described in:
>
> http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html#CustomizationLayer

Thanks, this is very useful information.

> You can customize the template named 'user.head.content',
> which is designed for including extra stuff in each
> HTML <head> element.  It is defined as empty in the
> distribution, and it is called when each <head> element
> is generated.  So you can customize it as follows:
>
> <xsl:template name="user.head.content">
>   <xsl:copy-of select="document('myscriptfile.js',/)"/>
> </xsl:template>

Thanks again, however this customisation works not perfectly
for me.  The various html link elements are now below the
user.head.content.  Unfortunately I need them before the
script - otherwise it just doesn't work.  There should be a
user.head.endcontent or whatever at the end of the html.head
template before the </head> - I think that would help me.

I didn't try out the copy-of document, but it's OK for me to
have the JavaScript code inside of my XSL file.

If you have an idea, how to get my JavaScript stuff below
the various links (home, up, next, ...), that would be great!

Cheers, WB