Re: [docbook-apps] Annotation System: Modifying creation of links

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 03:02:02PM +0100, Joachim Ziegler wrote:
> I forgot to say that we would like to come up with a general solution
> that we can give back to the Docbook community and that can be installed
> and used easily by everyone.
>
> So we would prefer a solution where one does not need to dive deeply
> into the XSLT-code and alter 500.000 places there. We would rather like
> to *extend* the stylesheets.

I would suggest modifying the template named 'href.target'
in html/chunk-common.xsl. It is used to generate all
href attributes for references to chunks.  It isn't a
very long template.

Create a new stylesheet parameter such as
'chunk.href.prefix', and if that parameter is not empty,
prepend it to the href uri in the href.target template.

You'll notice that the template calculates a relative uri
in case the "from" chunk is in a different output directory
from the "to" chunk.  I'm not clear what the behavior of a
prefix would be in such situations.  Maybe a prefix should
override such relative calcs?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com