Re: [docbook-apps] slides and documents

Thinking about this some more, I wonder if it is a good or a bad idea to implement my own attributes for this.

I've added two new attributes to an rnc customization layer.

  local.common.attrib &=
     attribute medium { "presentation" | "text" | "electronic" }?,
     attribute audience { "research" | "teaching" }?

Basically, I want to be able to pick out stuff for presentations, but within that to distinguish between different kinds of presentations. In reality, I'm not sure how often I'd need to generate separate presentations for different audiences from the same document, but I'm trying to be forward-looking ;-)

Hence, two attributes. Does this present difficulties for xslt processing?

The other issue is how to actually assemble specific pages, bullet-points, etc.

It is pretty straightforward to say:

doc title --> presentation title
	section title --> slide title

But then what about bullets?

Should I thus also add an attribute to indicate "level" too?

An example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<article>
<title medium="presentation" audience="research">Title</title>
<section>
<title medium="presentation" audience="research">Section</title>
</section>
</article>

Or I suppose I could just make things even easier and get rid of medium and audience and just have "slide-level."

Bruce