Re: [docbook-apps] Word-->DocBook (any existing solutions + an idea for a new solution)

    James> Has anyone run into a RELIABLE, SIMPLE solution of this
    James> yet.  I have tried Majix with no success.

    James> If anyone has come up with a solution to this problem,
    James> please enlighten me as I am relatively new to the whole
    James> wide world of DocBook.  If no one has come up with a
    James> solution,

Well, I can come up with a suggestion, although there may be better
solutions already.

1) Read Word document into OpenOffice.
2) Save file (as OpenOffice document).
3) Decompress the file to XML
4) Run an XSLT transform against it to turn it into Docbook.

The snag is, first someone will have to write the XSLT transform.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire