Re: [docbook-apps] Re: "No ID for constraint linkend" when usinghtml/profile-docbook.xsl

Daniel Veillard wrote:

Why do you think Red Hat would pay me to implement XSLT 2.0 ?

I was just currious.

   In practice in the GNOME project we had to redesign/rewrite a new set of
stylesheet from scratch because DocBook default ones are now too bulky
for direct rendering from our Yelp help tool.

Stylesheets weren't designed for on-the-fly rendering. I think that most commonly used output format is chunked HTML and it is very hard to imagine, that each of chunked page will be created on user request. I can see reasons why you want distribute help system in its source XML form, but what about caching results of previously displayed help pages. This can speed up things significantly.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz