Re: [docbook-apps] Code fragments, entities & Docbook

At 03:52 17/12/2003, Janeene Webb wrote:

To prevent errors, and to make maintenance easier, it'd be nice to be able to
call the whole mediaobject fragment of code for that image as an entity, and
just declare it once.

The problem that I'm having is that if I call the entity through an xml
fragment, when I try and save the book the contents of the PART that the
entity first appears in gets pasted into the xml fragment, clobbering the
definition that was there in the first place, and *not* updating the actual
xml file for that part.

I'm guessing its an editor issue.

 It also happens in some xml processing, when the entities
are expanded.
 Try it with a plain text editor, see if its the same,
that should determine which it is.
  The outlined process sounds sensible to me.

regards DaveP