Re: [docbook-apps] Tools for DocBook authoring by non-hackers

Hi David,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:50:20PM +0400, David Tolpin wrote:

> > What products should I be looking at?
>
> I think you should look at Serna, http://www.syntext.com/ .  This is
> not my opinion that Serna is either bad or good. Serna is just
> targeted toward the needs you have described.

That looks remarkably good.  It certainly seems very DocBook-oriented.
Have you used it, David?  I've just scanned through the FAQ, and it
refers to a 'modified' set of DocBook XSL stylesheets---are these just
for the on-screen rendering?  I presume that the publishing hooks
described would allow me to rig up xsltproc and XEP as the tools for
actual HTML and PDF output?

Certainly worth investigating.  I'll download the trial tomorrow.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net
mailto:phoadley@maths.adelaide.edu.au