[docbook-apps] How to get static full width text in the footer?

I would like to have a footer that's three lines, and consists of:

    The company name plus the start of the street and mail address
                the rest of the company's address
               The company's phone and fax numbers

The text should be centered on the page.  I've tried redefining the
footer.content like this, in my local customization layer:

  <xsl:template name="footer.content">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$position='center'">
        <fo:block>The company name plus the start of the street and mail address</fo:block>
        <fo:block>the rest of the company's address</fo:block>
        <fo:block>The company's phone and fax numbers</fo:block>
      </xsl:when>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

But the result is that I get the first line, broken over two lines.
Presumably because there isn't room in the center cell of the footer
table for the entire line?  It also looks like there aren't room for
more than two lines, is this correct?

Is there a simple way to get three lines of centered static text in
the footer of each page?  The text for each line, will be wider than
the current footer's center cell.

Thanx!

- Steinar