[docbook-apps] Font family in table content: how to change?

Hello,

I'm trying to set the font-family for both headers and cells in
tables, using an xsl customization stylesheet.

I tried several things and thought for sure that the following would
work:
***************
 <xsl:attribute-set name="table.content.properties">
  <xsl:attribute name="font-family">$sans.font.family</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
***************

But no. Perhaps there is no such attribute. The tables keep using the
body font, and FOP generates a storm of the following font-related
error messages for each table:
**************
[ERROR] unknown font ZapfDingbats,normal,bold so defaulted font to any
[ERROR] unknown font ZapfDingbats,italic,normal so defaulted font to
any
[ERROR] unknown font ZapfDingbats,normal,bold so defaulted font to any
.
.
.

How can I set the font-family used in tables (both heads and cells)
and correct the errors? Also, why is DocBook+DocBook_XSL trying to
use ZapfDingbats somehow in connection with tables? It must be some
default.

Thanks,

Steve Whitlatch