Re: [docbook-apps] Linking to "Home" in Website TOC

From: Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no>
Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:25:25 +0100

>I'm trying to create a link for "Home" in the TOC.  The first thing I
>tried, was:
>    <tocentry id="go_home" href="./index.html">
>      <title>Home</title>
>    </tocentry>

It sounds like you are trying to duplicate the banner link, which is already in the toc by default. Clicking on the banner at the top of the toc already takes you home from any page in the website. But if you really need to do this, you need to give the absolute address rather than the relative one:

>    <tocentry id="go_home" href="/index.html">
>      <title>Home</title>
>    </tocentry>

or, if your website is not the root directory of your server:

--
Kevin M. Dunn
Professor of Chemistry