[docbook-apps] Re: AW: simg:getWidth just returns $nominal.image.width

(31 weeks and counting)

/ "Sebastian Fey" <fey@parsytec.de> was heard to say:
[...]
|>It should work.  What kind of graphic format are you using?
|>It is possible that getWidth doesn't handle all graphics
|>file formats.
|
| hi,
|
| i now tried it with gif, jpg, png and wmf ... all return the same !
[...]
| <figure id="FIG_Overviewofsystem">
| 	<title>Overview of the HTx&nbsp;4.2 system</title>
| 	<mediaobject>
| 		<imageobject>
| 			<imagedata fileref="./figures/imajpg.jpg" />
| 		</imageobject>
| 	</mediaobject>
| </figure>

I wrote ImageIntrinsics, the class that supports the simg: functions
without a lot of care. It basically ignores errors, which is bad.
I've just added two error messages to the class. It will now print

  System.err.println("Failed to interpret image: " + imageFn);

if it can open the image file but can't interpret it.

It will print

  System.err.println("Failed to load image: " + imageFn);

if it can't open the image.

Maybe that will help.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm