Re: [docbook-apps] Line Breaks to BR in HTML Output

Bob,

I have found that the literallayout works when I produce and FO and then a
PDF, but not when converting to HTML.  However for the HTML I am using
Dave's FAQ anwaer which seems to be working OK.

The thing that is now puzzling me is that I thought a newline character
would be honored in the FO output, but I find it is not.  Using
literallayout here is not statisfactory as the text I am importing from the
database is bing put into a table and this tag means the text overruns the
confines of the table cell.

What I need it to do is honor the newline characters that are there but also
wrap the text if it needs to at the boundaries of the cell, but I am not
having much luck with this.  I did think that maybe using the same XSL for
the HTML markup would work, but then I realised that this is just for HTML
output and not FO.

On another note you may have seen my last post yesterday which was to do
with printing a seperate title page.  I have re-read your documentation on
your very informative site but have not made a progress.  Are there any
examples or hints you can point me in the direction of to get this to work.

I apologsie for all the questions, I am still getting my head around the
DocBook standard.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Kind regards,

Russell