Re: [docbook-apps] Any table model advanced than CALS

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 07:54:23PM +0530, Shivani Gupta wrote:
> I have gone through the CALS table model? Is there any standard table model
> which is more advanced and latest than CALS. Pl help.

I have worked a bit on such a model some time ago, but this work is
not finished and mostly prototypical.  Especially, not all CALS
features have been incorated yet.  Currently a simple DSSSL stylesheet
is used to generate a CALS table for further formatting.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/alcovebook/xtable/

A quick cut'n'paste from the DTD header:

| An XML DTD for a semantic table model, trying to keep close
| to the CALS model.
|
| Currently features:
| - nested <row>s
| - no <tfoot> (useless)
|
| Will feature:
| - <rowlevelspec>s to hold rowlevel's optional title and to
| allow <row rowlevel="name">
| - nested <column>s
| - anonymous (title-less rows and cols)
| - no <entry morerows="..."> (use anonymous rows instead)
| - no <thead> (too much layout oriented, use column titles instead)
| - no <spanspec> (too much layout oriented, use nested (and maybe anonymous)
| columns instead)
| - annotations on row/column titles

If anyone is interested to lend a hand, I may be motivated to work on
this again :)

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique