Re: [docbook-apps] Formatting different items

For item 1, you want to customize the template named 'formal.object.heading'
in the formal.xsl stylesheet module.  It handles the titles for figure,
table, example, and procedure. At the point where the template does this:

<xsl:apply-templates select="$object" mode="object.title.markup">

you want to insert an xsl:choose statement to do something different for
procedures only, something like:

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="self::procedure">
    code to output your image goes here
    <xsl:apply-templates select="$object" mode="title.markup">
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="$object" mode="object.title.markup">
  </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

The 'object.title.markup' mode generates the full label plus title string.
The 'title.markup' mode generates just the title.

Hope this helps.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting