Re: [docbook-apps] What is status of open-source XSLT to PDF ?

Hi Jeff,

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 02:00:57PM -0500, Jeffrey Franks wrote:

> Can someone address this question because I need to setup an
> open-source tool chain to produce a book in print quality PDF
> (several hundred rendered pages with text, tables, and images).

I don't want to go opening too large a can of worms here, but is open
source a hard requirement?  Is it for philosophical or economic
reasons?  If purely the latter, you may find it turns out to be a
false economy.  I can only vouch for XEP in terms of the commercial FO
formatters (it's the only one I own), but you should recoup the cost
of a single user license fairly rapidly, if only in time saved working
around parts of the specification unimplemented in the open source
tools.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net