[docbook-apps] Re: Getting space between TOC and body text?

> From: "Steinar Bang" <sb@dod.no>

>> Is it possible to get some space between the navigational ToC and the
>> body text in HTML generated using DocBook Website 2.5.0?
[snip!]
> You can define the occurrence of 'p' and 'li' elements in CSS. Add the
> following fragment to your CSS stylesheet.

> p, li {
>   font-size: 95%;
>   margin-left:10px;
>   margin-right:0px;
>   text-indent:0px;
>   }

> 'margin-left' is what you have to modify. Note that, if 'p' and 'li'
> elements are already defined in you CSS stylesheet, you can easily
> append 'margin-left:10px;' to their declaration and ignore others.

Thanx!  I now have this in my style sheet:

p {
  margin-left: 10px;
}

p.navtoc {
  margin-left: 0px;
}

I had to add the latter one to avoid indenting the navtoc as well.
I'm pondering whether to leave <h1> and <h3> headers where they are,
because they actually look pretty good there, and are clearly set off
from the body text.

I'm also pondering what to do about the <dd> elements of RSS news
entries.

Out of curiosity: why did you add <li> to the list of elements to be
indented?  The <li> elements of my pages look OK where they are...?

> Norm specifies a spacer image (using XSL, e.g. in your 'tabular.xsl') in a
> table 'td' along with a 'width' attribute. Having said that, the usage of
> CSS when the result is identical to what XSL performs is always the superior
> solution.

Sounds like it.  Especially considering the above alternative.

Thanx again!

- Steinar