Re: [docbook-apps] stylesheets for DocBook/TEI 'marriage'?

Gour wrote:

Recently I saw slides from the Sebastian Rahtz's presentation about the
(possible) 'marriage' between DocBook & TEI i.e. the upcoming versions V5 of
DocBook & TEI where it should be possible to mix the two in one document.

Due to Relax NG flexibility it will be quite easy to create customized schema which combines DocBook with TEI to several degrees. IMHO this won't be in the default DocBook schema.

It looks very ineteresting and I'd like to hear some opinions how is one
supposed to resolve the issue of writing stylesheets to support transformation
of these 'married' XML documents into something else?

It should be quite easy if there are no conflicts in element names, named templates names and mode names. I don't know TEI stylesheets in the detail so I can't comment on this. But both new versions of DocBook and TEI will put their elements in a namespace. Thus element name ambiguity will go away. Named templates can be also put in a namespace if this will be problem.

So if all goes well it should be sufficient to import both DocBook and TEI stylesheets into customized one. Anyway it will be good XSLT excersise. :-)

Does the trick maybe lies in the fact that schema is expressed in Relax NG?

No. One of the Relax NG fundamentals is that it doesn't modify input documents (e.g. by attribute defaulting). Relax NG "just" makes very easy to customize and extend existing schemas.

  ProfesionÃlnà Åkolenà a poradenstvà v oblasti technologià XML.
        Ãvod do XML 3.5.            DocBook 18.-19.5.
        XSLT 24.-26.5.              XML pro vÃvojÃÅe 7.-8.6.