[docbook-apps] Docbook hyphenation

Is there anyway to use discretionary hyphenation in docbook?  I.e., if I have text that includes

    one-two-three

I'd like the backend to be able to insert linebreaks after either of the hyphens.  In LaTex you can do this by using:

    one\-two\-three

Is there anyway to pass this sort of thing through docbook2dvi to LaTeX, which I think jade is running under the covers?  Just pounding in the above line doesn't work, even with (define %hyphenation% #t) set

Thanks,
Chris Moller