Re: [docbook-apps] Format bibliography with FOP

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, William Sporrong wrote:

I'm having some problems with my bibliography. I've started to make a customization layer to format it according to the ACM standard. But there are a few things I can't figure out how to do:

1) Change the way author names are displayed. I want to display them like: surname, initials. (Klemmer, R.S., Thomsen, M) In the bibliography I have typed in complete authronames with firstname, othername and surname but I only want the first letter of the firstname and othername (initials).

If you want to specify that it the xml source, then try

<author role="last-first"> ... </author>

If you want to specify it in the stylesheet, take a look at the person.name template in common/common.xsl.

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein@madboa.com>