Re: [docbook-apps] Converting HTML to DocBook

Bob Stayton wrote:

> The HTML table support was just added, and I believe the bgcolor attribute
> was just missed. You should file a bug report on the DocBook SourceForge
> site so it gets fixed in the next release.

I'm not using the HTML table stuff (tr, td, etc.) but the normal row and entry
elements. TDG is rather short on HTML tables. Perhaps you could explain the
idea behind this additional table model. Is it made for easy conversion of HTML
into DocBook, while row and entry are still the prefered elements to make a
table? As I said, making a website from my DocBook document is only one
aspect, I also need to create a print version with XSL-FO.

> Actually, the CALS table model permits an <entry> to contain an <entrytbl>,
> which is a nested table.

In DocBook this isn't possible. Both entry and entrytbl can only be children of
row. But while considering your statement I found that entrytbl may appear
again in an entrytbl's row. This allows more than one level of nesting.
I was a little confused by the statement "The EntryTbl element allows for a single
level of nesting within tables." in TDG.

Bye, Chris