Re: [docbook-apps] Keeping Book Title and ToC together

Hi,
You need to do a couple of things.

1.  A book is set up to create separate FO page sequences for the title
pages and for the table of contents.  To get them on the same page, they
need to be in the same page sequence.  To do that, you will need to copy the
template with match="book" in fo/division.xsl to your customization file and
rearrange it.  You will see that it starts two page-sequences.  In one it
calls the "book.titlepage" template,  and in the other it calls the
"division.toc" template.  Those need to put inside one page sequence.

2.  To disable the extra title page (verso page), you need to edit the
titlepage specifications in a copy of fo/titlepage.templates.xml and
regenerate the titlepage templates.  You will want to put zero content into
<t:titlepage-content t:side="verso"> and <t:titlepage-before
t:side="verso">.  You may also need to zero out the <t:titlepage-separator>
item as well, in case your formatter inserts an extra page (the first
chapter should start the new page since it is in a new page sequence).

To learn how to change the titlepage specifications, see this reference (the
section is talking about HTML titlepages, but the method applies for print
titlepages too):

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#HTMLTitlePage

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises