Re: [docbook-apps] Restart page numbering for sections

Well i must admit that my solution isn't a very good one, so i probably wouldn't recommend it, but it works for what i need. I have chapters containing many sections, but no other content in the chapter alone, so i simply moved the <xsl:apply-templates/> out of the <fo:flow> and <fo:page-sequence> tags in the chapter template (in component.xsl) and change the root section template to match chapter/section as well, ie <xsl:template match="/section|chapter/section">. So now all sections will start their own page-sequence, so you can restart page numbers, and change the headers and footers for the first page of a section, etc.

Just remember if you do this you will get errors if you have any other content in your chapters.

Dominique

ps If anyone out there has a better way of doing it (i'm sure there must be a better way!), please let us know! :)

Jacques wrote:

Le jeudi 2 septembre 2004, Dominique Lind disait :

Sorry forgot to put that in, using XSL, but its ok I just figured out a way of doing it :)

Can you explain how to do that ? It will be useful :-)

Thanks in advance.

Jacques

This Message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily the views of the Judicial Commission of NSW.