Re: [docbook-apps] programlisting fo wrap break line character

David Tolpin wrote:

replace spaces with   and it will.  I didn't test it, but
it should with XEP; let me know if it does not (despite my expectactions)
and I'll fix.

Thanks, generally it works, but two minor issues are still remaining.

1. I want breaks to appear only on spaces and on several other characters but not in a middle of words. I thought that placing soft-hyphen (U+00AD) after non-breakable spaces and zero width joiner (U+200D) after all other characters would help. But words are still hyphenated. Is there any other way to control hyphentation inside inline area, or should U+200D work and is this bug in XEP, or this is not possible with FO?

2. I want to use character from other font then from one used for programlisting to show some nice icon on a place where line was broken. I thought that specifying multiple fonts in font-family and using font-selection-strategy="character-by-character" should work. But it seems to me that only first font in a list is considered when rendering hyphenation character.

Thanks for hint. After solving these issues I will be happy to incorporate this solution into the stylesheets.

Jirka