[docbook-apps] Re: bibliodiv

Norm,

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Jens Stavnstrup <js@ddre.dk> was heard to say:
> | The bibiodiv template calls object.id in the fo version but not in the
> | html version, why ?
>
> Oversight, I would guess.
>
> | The object.id template complains about unexpected element bibliodiv, which
> | locating the label for such an element.
>
> I'm having a little trouble understanding the problem. Can you send a document
> that demonstrates it?

Sometimes I have a problem understanding, what I write myself. E-mail
tends to make my writing sloppy.

The following DocBook fragment

 <bibliography>

 <biblioentry id="xml">
   <abbrev>XML 1.0</abbrev>
   <editor>
      <firstname>Tim</firstname>
      <surname>Bray</surname>
   </editor>
   <title>Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0</title>
   <edition>2nd ed</edition>
   <releaseinfo>W3C Recommendation</releaseinfo>
   <date>6 October 2000</date>
   <copyright>
     <year>2000</year>
     <holder>&w3c;</holder>
   </copyright>
   <biblioid class="uri">
     <ulink url="http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006/"/>
   </biblioid>
 </biblioentry>

</bibliodiv>

 <biblioentry id="flynn-xml-faq">
   <abbrev>Fl01</abbrev>
   <author>
     <firstname>Peter</firstname>
     <surname>Flynn</surname>
   </author>
   <title>The XML FAQ</title>
   <edition>2.1</edition>
   <date>1 January 2002</date>
   <biblioid class="uri">
     <ulink url="http://www.ucc.ie/xml/faq.html"/>
   </biblioid>
 </biblioentry>

</bibliodiv>

</bibliography>

will (using 1.66.1) generate the following message:

Request for label of unexpected element: bibliodiv

Regards,

Jens