[docbook-apps] Saxon CLASSPATH question

Hi All,

I have read conflicting documentation which sometimes states that the CLASSPATH variable should include the xsl extensions "jar" file. Note the differences below:

CLASSPATH=saxon.jar:$CLASSPATH
export CLASSPATH

versus

CLASSPATH="/usr/java/saxon.jar:/docbook-xsl/extensions/saxon65.jar"
export CLASSPATH

I ran a few test cases using the upper $CLASSPATH variety (ie no saxon651.jar extension) and it properly converts to html. Could someone please let me know the difference and significance. Will I run into problems later?

Cheers,

Tristan
Tristan J. Fiedler
Postdoctoral Fellow - Stein Lab