From: "Dennis Karasev" <dennis@pochtamt.ru>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Page numbering in pdf output

Hello, Bob!

Thank You very much for your reply! My requirement to number pages
sequentially, which in fact is the preferred (not to say the only)
page numbering style in Russia, could be achived by adding these two
lines to my customization stylesheet:

  <xsl:template name="page.number.format">1</xsl:template>
  <xsl:template name="initial.page.number">auto</xsl:template>

From: "Christian Brugeron" <christian@barzoi.fr> To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> Cc: "DocBook Apps" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org> Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 10:38 PM Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] page numbering, yet another

Hi Bob,

A 'normal' book (like a novel) is numbered from the first page to the
end without chapter restart.

I want to have this behaviour.

I have altered the preface numbrering to suppress it (ie roman
characters) but I do not want the chapte 1 restart.

The TOC is 'good' in the sense of it shows the pages as numbered from
chapter 1.

In a few words, I want the book numbrered from the first page to the
end.

Thanks

Christian